Tuesday, January 20, 2009

TUESDAY shoulder trouble......

Began with some Z-health hip, shoulder, neck and wrist exercises.

Dbl hang C&P - 6 (12kgs)
Renegade rows - 6L/6R (16's)
x3

Suitcase KB squat - 10 (16's)
Dbl KB clean - 10 (16's)
x3

Side bend - 8L/8R (16kg)
Dbl over head walk 20 yards
x3

For the past 3 months my right shoulder has been giving me trouble. When it first started acting up I made sure I did Z-health shoulder drills before my work-out. As time went on, they kind of fell by the wayside, maybe I did them twice a week, nothing consistent. At first the Z would take care of the pain/ache, but not lately. I have seen my chiropractor for adjustments, which seems to do wonders for it. Then Sunday afternoon I began to feel like I had a pinched nerve running down the side of my neck & then down my shoulder. Yesterday after training, my entire neck ached. Today I feel better after training, but the ache is still there. Time to get adjusted again and to add Z-drills every day.

2 comments:

Amy Jurrens said...

That just downright stinks woman!

I'm not a Z trainer, but I remember Brad telling me that pain in a place in your body means you need to work the opposite joint with Z. I believe that would be the left hip. ???? Make sure to do the Z drills for the hips (leg circles, pelvic tilts, etc.)

Do you have a Z trainer to bounce this off of? If not, email Brad Nelson. He can tell you for sure. I'm just guessing.

Here's hoping you're pain free soon!!!

Renee Yorkievitz, RKC said...

Thank you Amy! I am so glad you gave me this insite. I do remember Andrea DuCane telling me to work my ankle circles on the opposite side when I broke my left wrist. I will e-mail her tonight!

It does stink...my left press is stronger than my right...that has never been true. I now KNOW the CNS truly rules. Hate to learn it the hard way though.