Saturday, January 10, 2009

Blizzard Workout !!! - Love it !!!

Today's training I got out of the way early. So unlike me on the weekend. During the week I train after I get home from work and weekend usually mid to late morning or early afternoon. But today I woke up and realized we had about a foot of snow on the ground and it was still falling!!! I LOVE it! More so because I don't have to be anywhere, I can stay home and not have to drive through it. The driveway was a mess.....so much snow! I knew I would have to get out there and shovel it. We don't have a snow blower, my husband doesn't mind shoveling it.......he always says it's a good work-out and good excuse for hot chocolate afterwards. However, today is Saturday and since he works for a bank, he works until 1pm. So of course, that leaves me and my older daughter to clear the snow.

Luckily, we live in a neighborhood with the BEST neighbors! A couple of them have riding lawn mowers with plows on the front and they go down the street clearing the sidewalks, then they do driveways for people who need them done. So I had my coffee and watched them clear my driveway. So nice! All I had to do was the area closest to the garage. Simple!

So my training.............SIMPLE but not EASY !!!
I got this workout from my friend Kettlebell Amy. Thanks Amy!!!

Burpee to clean 5L/5R - 16kg
Swings 12 -16kg
Mt Climbers - 40
Pushups - 8
Snatches - 8L/8R - 16kg
x4 rounds (with a :45 sec rest btw rounds)

By the end of my 3rd round, I was sucking some serious wind. So I took :60 sec rest btw rounds. Mind you I worked out in my bedroom in front of my mirrored closet doors. I had both windows open and the ceiling fan going and it's 24 degrees outside! That was some good sweat!

And the snow continues to fall..................

1 comment:

Amy Jurrens said...

I love your workout! I'd like to thank Brad Nelson at www.bradrants.com for this killer blizzard training session!