Saturday, November 15, 2008

THURSDAY's Training - 14kg KB

JM - ankles, knees, hips & shoulders

20 swings on the minute x3 (mixed up 2 hand, 1 hand & DARC)

C&P 5L (12kg) /5R (14kg) x3

About a month ago I bought a 14kg kb online b/c I was having trouble making the jump from 12kg to 16kg on grinds...specifically presses. I was finding the 12kg very easy, but the 16kg hard - so I would push press most of the time. In making the jump of 4kg (approx 10 lbs) is actually alot for me...not sure if this is the same for women in general or me specifically. So once I broke my wrist, I thought I would bite the bullet and get the 14kg & work with it on my right. I am hoping once I get the ok from my doctor to get rid of the brace, I can work with the 14kg on the left as well. I can strict press the 14kg w/o the need to push press......soon onto the 16kg. Prior to the RKC I was able to press the 16kg on the R, w/o push pressing it. I just don't know what happened. It could certainly be that it took some time to recover from the RKC, then shortly thereafter I broke the stinkin' wrist. It may also be that I am going into the press already thinking I'm not going to be able to do it. I forget what they call this phenomenon...obviously mind over matter.....but either Rif or Kenneth Jay called it something specific...oh well. Moreover, I know what it is and what I need to continue to work on for myself.

Double clean/squat press (double 12kg's) x5
Tactical lunges 10 R/10 L (14kg)
Alt renegade rows (L 14kg/R 16kg) x10
Lying chest press (2 -12kg's) x5

x 3

Stretch and done............felt great!

2 comments:

Amy Jurrens said...

That was a good idea to get a 14 kg. It is tough to jump up 9 pounds for women, IMO. I am working like crazy to press the 20 kg. We can work on our pressing goals together even though we're miles apart!!

Renee Yorkievitz, RKC said...

Exactly! I thought it might be easier to jump 5#, rather than struggle with 9! I think once my brace is gone I want to start throwing the EDT into my workouts. It seems like a great benchmark week after week as far as progress goes (as well as challenging your self tangibly...sp?). You seem to like it. I always like to change things up.

Not sure if the 20kg will be up by Christmas for me...will work with you on that for sure! I can snatch it pretty good though! When I do, I feel super strong (as silly as that may sound)! LOL!