Sunday, November 16, 2008

CKC - 2nd Meeting ! ! !

The second official meeting of the Cleveland Kettlebell Club was held today! We are growing! In addition to Todd, Matt & myself, we had 6 members come to the meet. Matt started us out with a nice Z-health JM warm-up. Then we broke off into 3 groups for instruction. I took the women, Cathy & Mona (they were my friends anyway, so it worked well). We began with the swing and progressed to the TGU. They both did really well....they learned the program minimum and can practice with it to really get their technique down.

I am proud to say that my husband, Ted came to be a victim today as well. He wasn't thrilled about it, but he did it. When we left, I said, "So do you like it?" He smirked and said, "No..." Well, he will just need a couple more beat downs before he starts to like it! Now I am indebted to him to go golfing with him in the spring....sigh!

We finished with a really quick work-out as we were running out of time!

Swings 20 reps on 1 minute x 3 sets

Sumo Deadlifts (30 sec floor to knees, 30 sec knee to entension, 30 sec full dead lift
)

Bent Rows 30 sec
Pushups 30 sec
x 2 sets

Rack walk x 2 sets
Walking lunges R/L - 2 lengths of floor

Stretch: pump & hip flexor stretch.......done

A Big THANK YOU again goes out to Bryan McIntosh, owner of Dynamic Fitness Group in Strongsville who kindly let us use his facility to hold our meeting......as the snow came down outside!!!

Later in the afternoon, my husband & I went to the "Fabulous Food Show" at the IX Center......lots of crap to eat & drink. Also, some really good demonstration shows by Curtis Stone (Take home chef), Guy Fieri, Michael Symon & Hayden Wood who did a remarkable "flair bartender" style show all about making fun cocktails....the drinks were all wonderful. However, I would not be able to replicate any of them as he went so fast and I was too in awe to really "get" the recipe! Thanks to my Dad and his boss Ellen for getting us exhibitor passes!! A great time!

No comments: