Tuesday, November 18, 2008

My wrist is MINE again!

GREAT NEWS! Yes, you guessed it the splint is gone. The doc also gave me the go ahead back to training, as much as I can tolerate. Obviously for anyone who has had a fracture/cast/splint, you learn that your mobility is compromised from being immobile for so long! He explained the ligaments supporting my wrist need to become strong again and more mobile. So I am glad to be healed even if I am left with minute deficits....they will improve soon. I am scheduled for occupational therapy right after Thanksgiving (the first available).

So what would be the smart move for me today? Yes, Z-health...kick up the JM exercises. Hopefully by doing the Z consistently, I won't need O.T. (or at least not have to go back). I did the entire R-phase....felt good, but not enough.

So short work-out.....

TGU L/R x3 (14kg...both sides...this is surprising for the newly healed left wrist)

C&P 5 x 5 (12kg for rest of work-out)

BU cleans 5L/5R x3

TGU L/R x3

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Nice...

I would do some Rack/OH holds and walks at the end to help speed up the ligament strengthening.

JMO,

Todd

Renee Yorkievitz, RKC said...

Great idea....I will add this tonight....I appreciate it!

Renee