Monday, November 10, 2008

Remembering Summer!!! Ah!

No training today...day off for me!

A little reflection on summer though...........................

The freezing temps have arrived, along with bits of snow. But I am still not ready to let go of the sun, warm weather and fun the past summer held for us.........
May 2008 - Holiday Isle, Islamorada, FL....one of the stops on our drive down to Key West from Miami. Surprise birthday trip for my husband's 40th (adults only) with 4 of our dearest friends! So tropical...so fun!!!

Site seeing in Key West near the Southernmost Point. These tiles were painted by hand, by the artist then taken apart and transported to the KW sidewalk area and reconfigured and laid in the cement! Such a cool scene!


Summer's most expensive ice cream cone. $7.37 ! ! !

Doesn't everyone pay that much for an ice cream cone when they're on vacation? :)

Yes, I was crazy to pay that, but hear me out. This was in the Boston Harbor area. We were on a family vacation and shopping on a Saturday in the waterfront area. I basically bribed my 6 year old daughter with it. It was hot, it was crowded and I told her if she would stop asking when we were going to leave, I would buy her ice cream. Doesn't every parent do that? LOL!

Well the joke was on me that day! As we were leaving I took her in to the ice cream counter and ordered the cone. Soft serve with a swirling of cotton candy. I handed the cone to my daughter and turned back around and heard... $7.37 please! What? For one stinkin ice cream cone? Of course I didn't say that, I just thought it in my head. I was in shock as I walked away.

My first clue to just walk away should have been that only flavors were listed on the board behind the counter...NO PRICES!!!

I am sure the guy waiting on me, saw the stunned look on my face and thought, here's your change lady (and your STUPID card)!

No comments: