Monday, October 27, 2008

Sunday's Class......

Sunday morning was chilly and windy on the basketball court in the park. But it still didn't stop the few kettlebell enthusiast's from showing up for class. It wound up being more of a workshop format and that was okay by me. Started with the swing & TGU. Once they got those down, we went on to cleans. One of the guys showed me his snatch and with a little tweaking, by the time he left he had it. It's amazing how a little queuing can make all the difference. By the end of class, after working on TGU's, cleans & a few snatches, everyone's swings improved as well. It's all about the hip drive and tension at the top! Once everyone learns the basic kb exercises and tension techniques, we'll get going with more of a work-out format. Yesterday was a great start!

The rest of the day I walked around on a high because it was such a good morning for me. I was doing what I love to do....kettlbells! And "spreading the sickness that is kettlebells."

Before signing up for the RKC, I thought I would be happy just practicing kettlebells and challenging myself. Time went by, I was hooked, so the next challenge for myself was the RKC. After I had signed up for the RKC I wondered what I would do if I did pass the certification. After all I was not a personal trainer, I was a nurse. What would that lead me to do? As the summer rolled by I began to wonder why kb's weren't more popular. So many people had gym memberships, did aerobics classes or were avid runners....yet still they didn't seem that fit. And hours upon hours were spent in the gym. Why not condense that time down to 30 minutes 4 or 5 times a week and get fit! Then by surfing kb blog sites....I was sucked in! I knew I had to help spread the word about kb's. By the end of that grueling weekend in Sept, I was in! It was time to teach.......

It is a really good feeling when you can teach someone something good. Something that will help them in the long run to be healthy and fit. It is awesome to see the light bulb go off in someones head..."ah-ha, I get it." Then to see them take the tip or knowledge and put it into practice. and improve ... just amazing!

*Note to self: find an indoor place to hold class b/c winter is coming....SOON!

2 comments:

Amy Jurrens said...

You must be having the same weather we have in Iowa. The wind has been torturous. And cold! This morning I was wishing I had my gloves on. Hello! Winter is winking at us.

I love your pics of your kbs in your previous post. Looks like you had fun posing your bell! She is quite photogenic!

Renee Yorkievitz, RKC said...

Exactly our weather this past weekend. So cold Mon - gloves needed also. Snow on the way this week.

Thanks...it was a beautiful evening last week when I took the pics. It was alot of fun!