Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Detox Days for me......


So I am always looking for new recipes and new ways to incorporate more veggies into my diet. And I am forever trying to make healthy food choices as well. Needless to say I surf the blogs to research and get new ideas in this quest. At this point in my life, the Warrior diet is just not my thing. I am about eating numerous healthy meal/snack throughout the day. Breakfast has caused me to struggle. I do like eggs, fruit and steel but oats, but there are only so many days I can take this lack of variety.

So this weekend, on the recommendation of a couple fellow comrades, I decided to try the Ultimate Meal. UM comes in a powder form that recommends you mix it w/ water, ice, an organic banana & half an organic apple. Jordan V recommends mixing it with cucumber juice. For anyone not familiar with the UM, it is more than a protein shake, more than a meal replacement. It is a complete meal. So I blend this all together the past 2 mornings for breakfast. It certainly has a unique taste. I think Jordan likened it to peas and dirt (it is definitely green). It is not really that bad, more of an acquired taste, but the fruit helps alot. I felt full for a good 3 1/2 to 4 hours after drinking this. However, with trying new things, there is always the chance of side effects. Here's what the Ultimate Life website describes the detox effect as.......

THE ULTIMATE MEAL® does wonders in helping detoxify the body due to its exceptionally pure and cleansing ingredients. Some symptoms of detox may be: gas, bloating, nausea, diarrhea, migraine, even feeling sick (sounds like fun, doesn't it ?). These occur occasionally and usually last for about 7 to 15 days only.

Well they got the gas, bloating and diarrhea (not really, more like really soft) part right. All day and night for the past 2 days. I have never gone to the bathroom so much in my life. I am so bloated and full of air that you could throw me in a pool and I would float without any effort. I am really getting a good detox, despite this small side effects, right??? So now, I have been popping gas-x all day. Mind you, my office moved a few weeks ago and I now share an office with 9 other nurses. Needless to say did ALOT of walking around today! I will try UM tomorrow for breakfast again, but will first take some Beano tablets and decrease the amount of powder I use for the shake. I have felt good in the way of energy though.

So I am behind in posting my last few work-outs. No excuses, here they are......short & sweet:

Tuesday - Ballistic Day (12kg)

20 R handed swings on the minute x 16

I was feeling pretty good on energy so I decided to try 2 handed swings with a light grip from my left hand.

20 2-handed swings on the minute x 2.......returned to R handed swings after 2 rounds because I was feeling some slight twinge of stress in my left wrist

Finished with:
20 R handed swings on the minute x 2

Monday - 12kg (all on the R)

C&P - uphill ladder (1-3)
1 Armed row - uphill ladder (1-3)
x 4

Snatches
20 - Right, rest 45 sec
x8

Sunday

-practiced GTG bodywt pistols (2 R/ 2L) throughout the day Sat& Sun

16kg (Racked right)
Squats (uphill ladder 1-6)
Alt backward lunges (ladder 1-6.....i.e...1R/1L)
x2

I began with 1 sqaut, then on to 1 back lunge R, then 1 back lunge L. Then on to 2 sqauts, then 2 back lunge R/L, etc. I rested 45 sec between rounds (2 rounds total). Finished with swings.

R-handed Swings (12kg)
20 swings on the minute
x8

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Renee,

How about green tea for your detox? If the WD isn't your thing, have you tried Precision Nutrition? I have heard that it is very good

Renee Yorkievitz, RKC said...

I do drink green tea everyday. Probably 3 cups (love the stuff). I don't know that I want to drop $100 on PN. I would rather put the money into another KB.

Amy Jurrens said...

Renee,
Nice job training one-handed. You are dedicated!

On the breakfast thing - I do a fantastic shake from Advocare. Here's the link:
https://www.advocare.com/03064434/Store/CatalogView.aspx?id=A

I mix it with water and ice in a blender. They taste like ice cream. I've been drinking these pretty much every morning for four years. They have 24 grams of protein and carbs, and they are loaded with vitamins, fiber, minerals, and all other good stuff. I'm not kidding about how good they taste. Plus the 1:1 ratio of carbs to protein is optimal for breakfast. Oh, and they only have 220 calories.

Am I a salesperson or what??? If you have questions, shoot me an email.

Renee Yorkievitz, RKC said...

I have to at maintain, even if only with one arm. It is amazing what you can do when you have to.

I did see Advocare shakes advertised somewhere in my internet surfing! But you see so many advertised & they ALL have great testimonials but you never know. I will defintely try these since taste is a huge issue with me and I LOVE ice cream!!! They do sound like a good breakfast alternative! Thanks for the info Amy!