Friday, October 24, 2008

TEMPTATION all around.....

So I have been MIA on my blog for a few days......not like me. I don't know where the week went and how life got so out-of-control! I work my "day job" Mon thru Thurs. So come Thursday evening I am always lovin' life for my 3-day weekend! Now it's Friday night & I don't have a clue where Fri went.

This week I have done terrific with food choices/nutrition, as well as training! I started drinking Advocare meal replacement shakes for breakfast a couple days this week. REALLY good! Kudos to Amy J. for the tip!

Tonight I was so proud of myself! I was tempted by so many goodies, walking through my local grocery store! I snubbed my nose at everything! Can you believe it???

Here'e how it went down......
My husband works late on Friday's, so I took my youngest daughter & her friend to a Halloween scavenger hunt held at the local grocery store. They dress up in their costumes, we get the list & make our way around the store (essentially trick or treating at different dept's or posts). First stop, they get one of my favorite Halloween treats........CANDY CORN! The woman looked at me & said, "Would Mom like one?" I quickly said, "No thank you," as I ran to catch up with the girls. So unlike me! Hmm....Then on our way to the dairy section (they got cheese sticks) we pass the coolers with beer and as I gaze in, I see another favorite...Pumpkin Ale. The little voice in my head told me to keep on walking...and I did. Not too bad until we get to the bakery. The iced pumpkin cookies, pumpkin roll, Halloween sugar cookies, cupcakes, not to mention Aunt Martha's apple pie! Oh Heaven! I was so tempted! I even had a conversation with myself in my head....
"Just get it."
"I don't need it."
"You've been good all week, you deserve it."
"I HAVE been good all week! Keep walking."
Even when we finished the hunt in the produce section with the girls getting apples, I was thinking, "Maybe I SHOULD go back?"

I came to my senses and took the girls home for dinner. Which was so-o good...so worth waiting for. Roasted chicken, purple cauliflower, green beans and quinoa (cooked in chicken stock)!!!

Let's see if I can remember my workout's for the week:

Thursday:

My friend, Dar came over and we trained together. Just a fun array of different combination drills. The weather was beautiful, sunny, a bit cooler...typical fall evening. It was the perfect temperature to train in - you warm up quick and minimal sweat. By the time we were finishing up (around 7:30pm) it was dark......moonlight kb's!

This was alot of fun training with a friend b/c we did so many "I go/ You go" drills! Swings, snatches, cleans!!! I was able to finally do 2 handed swings again (with a light grip) w/o any pain in my wrist. Ah, it IS healing! While we were swinging and snatching, I decided I was jealous that Dar was able to use both arms for exercises. I am so impatient! I can't wait to get my left side back!
I think Dar impressed herself with what she could do. She is new to kb's, but avidly works out with weights at the gym. So I would explain the next exercise that we were going to do and she would point to the 12kg I just had her use and she would say, "That's going to be to heavy for this one, right?" I would just reply, "No, and you could probably use the 16kg, but once you get your form down, we'll move you up." She was even hesitant with the overhead walk on the left. We finished the right and she felt she wasn't going to be able to do the same on the left b/c it was her weaker side. I helped her get it into position & reminded her to suck her shoulder down & keep her elbow locked out and go! Of course, she did it! And 2 sets of bear crawls too!

It's so great to be able to get other people into enjoying KB's. What a terrific feeling! Now if only I could get my husband to come to the dark side................(he was at racquetball at the time...sigh!)

Wednesday

High volume pressing the 8kg on the right

12 sets of 10........felt good!

Tuesday

Combo of C&P and squats and lunges. I trained at a local park near the falls. So of course when I was done, I had to take some pictures of my friend in the park............


That should do it.........out!

No comments: