Friday, October 10, 2008

Back to Training & Sweat!

Yes, I am smiling despite having the cast. It's because I am finally back to training with my kb today! Truthfully, these past couple of days I had been feeling a bit sorry for myself and depressed. A little worn down as well. Three days rest was more than enough. So today was time to kick it into gear and see what I could do. I had no "real" plan, again I just wanted to get outside and see what I could really do with one hand!
I began with some Z....then:

30 - R arm swings (12kg)
25 - R arm swings (16kg)
15 - R arm swings (20kg)

C & P 5 (R) x 3 sets (12kg) - 12kg was going up really easy so increased to 16kg
C & push press 5 (R) x 2 sets (16kg)
C & push press 3 (R) x 2 sets (20kg)

(20kg racked R):
Alternating reverse lunges x 12 total
Squats x 6
x 3 sets

1 Legged dead-lift downhill ladder 5-1 R/L (20kg in R hand for R & L leg)

30 - R arm swings (12kg)
25 - R arm swings (16kg)
15 - R arm swings (20kg)
x 2 sets

I felt great, although really sweaty despite being outside with a nice breeze. I did rest in between sets to cool down so I didn't sweat too much in the cast. There is just no way I want to stink up this cast. It would mortify me!
Especially since it now has some character and has been decorated so beautifully today by my Aunt! She heard me mention that we have a wedding to go to on Saturday and how I dreaded having to dress up with this clunky cast. So being the artist that she is, her first thought was to glam it up a bit. Thank you Barbara, it's beautiful! It sure does make it more tolerable and less of a nuisance! :)

No comments: