Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Stupid Halloween Decorations....No, just me being impatient...ONCE AGAIN !!!

So why must I be so impatient? Some say it's characteristic of women. Yet, I do know many men who are guilty of it! Well, it is what it is, whoever possesses this wonderful trait!

Last evening after completing my work-out (posted at the end), I was bothered by the 7 empty/half-empty boxes of Halloween decorations in the middle of my living room. They were stacked up near the storage area, waiting to be put away. I do the decorating for all holidays and my husband gets the job of getting the decorations out of the attic and putting them away when we are done. These boxes had been sitting in my living room for 5 days.......so my impatience took over and mixed with the adrenaline and endorphins from my work-out. I decided I couldn't wait any longer for my husband to move the boxes, I could just get it done right now! I pulled down the ladder to the attic, grabbed one of the large rubbermaid boxes (pretty light I might add) and began to make my way up the ladder...a little to quickly. I found myself teetering off balance and the next thing I know the box is flying up in the air and I am tumbling backwards down the stinkin' ladder! And what happened next was inevitable from the lead in of my story........yes, I fractured my left wrist. In a cast for 3 weeks and then a fitted brace for another 3. As the guy was putting my cast on, I was running through my mind what I could and could not do with my KB. "I CAN'T hold it with my left hand. I CAN do alot of things from the right rack position. I CAN do right single-arm swings, snatches, pulls, c & p, squats." I can keep on training, just make some adjustments. I worked too hard to get where I'm at! In thinking back to it all happening, of course my first thought is...."Why did I have to be so impatient to get those stupid Halloween boxes into the attic? What was the rush!?!?" But for now, because it makes me feel better & makes my wrist hurt a whole lot less & because I'm going to milk it for all it's worth........I will blame it on my husband Ted, because he should have put the boxes away the first time I asked him!!! (wink!) Right? LOL! :)

The workout I got done before busting my bone:

16kg
Clean/squat/press (R/L) 5x5

Loaded presses (R/L) 5x5 (switched to the 12kg after 2nd set)

TGU (1 x R/L - 16kg) between sets of loaded presses (total 5 each side).

3 comments:

MKSchinabeck said...

Sorry to hear about your injury. The one down fall of working out with a cast is the foul odor you will create while sweating into the cast. Good luck.

Renee Yorkievitz, RKC said...

Thanks Matt. The guy who cast me said the same thing. I hoped if I did my workouts outdoors I wouldn't sweat too bad. (Who am I kidding, right?) I know I can't NOT work out!

MKSchinabeck said...

That's what perfume is for!!!!!! Once you get into the splint things will be better. Don't forget to take the opportunity to work you pistols during this next 6 weeks.