Wednesday, December 3, 2008

WEDNESDAY - VO2 Max ! !

Came home from work and took my 12kg right outside to the garage. Again it was still another decent evening to be outside in the garage training...it was about 38 degrees & I am sweating in no time. It was VO2 Max day! I love these day because they really challenge me...or maybe it's more me challenging myself. I get close to the number of sets I set out to do and I say to myself, "5 more, it's nothing....keep moving, keep breathing, etc"

So tonight I set out with the 12kg for 40 sets of 8 reps L/R.

When I looked at my Gymboss, I couldn't believe I was at 78 (15 sec increments including rests)! I was still feeling great so I went on to 120. 60 sets - 480 snatches! I had ran out of chalk so I had sock sleeves on. Well they got sweaty and despite flipping them around, I wound up with a small tear on my left palm. I believe I am compensating from lack of mobility in my left wrist by gripping the bell too hard. But I know I need to work on it and be more conscious of it........

Stretched and off to shower!

Tomorrow is going to be a day off from training. I have to rush home after work to pick up my youngest daughter, get her homework done, get her fed & bathed and off to her Christmas concert by 6:15! Thank goodness for crockpots!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

awesome work. have fun tomorrow.I haven't done that in a while, I may have to do it shortly.

Renee Yorkievitz, RKC said...

Thanks Todd!

Michael Rendle SFG-Team Leader said...

Wow...Awesome work Renee. I am shocked that you use chalk. Chalk would have ripped my hands to shreds doing that many sets. Maybe someday you can show me your technique!!! Great work! :)